Home    About Us     Contact Us    Feedback     Sitemap     Useful Links     FAQ
   COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONSChange text to smaller size Change text to normal size Change text to larger size  




  King Edward’s Medical Centre
  King Edward’s Road, Barking,
Essex IG11 7TB
Telephone: 020-8594-2988
Fax: 020-8594-2184

Complaints & Comments

Complaints & suggestions

We welcome comments about our GP medical service. We need to know what we do well, where we could improve and where there may have been problems so we can continually improve the quality of our services. If you, as our patient, have a suggestion for improvement we will respond to you promptly, and where necessary, put right what was wrong.


If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or staff, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets National Criteria.

How to complain

You can complain verbally or by letter, both of which should be addressed to the Operations Manager, Miss Kamaldeep Sahota, who will put them throughout the relevant procedures.

Verbal complaints

Verbal complaints are dealt with informally and do not automatically go through the official Complaints Procedure. If you are unhappy about the way something was dealt with on your visit to the practice, ask to speak to Miss Kamaldeep Sahota or the senior person on duty and they will see if it can be resolved informally. If this is unsatisfactory in any way, you maintain your right to send us a written complaint that will go in the official Complaints Procedure.

Written complaints

Please address your written complaints to Miss Kamaldeep Sahota. We aim to acknowledge your complaint in two working days, and give you a written response or an up-date in ten working days. If your complaint concerns a member of staff or administrative error, Miss Sahota will investigate and liaise with you. If your complaint concerns a doctor, Dr J. John will investigate and reply to you. If your complaint concerns either Miss Sahota or Dr J. John, another senior person will be assigned to follow it through.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

If you are complaining on behalf of another patient, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this. Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.

What to do if you are dissatisfied with the practice procedure

We hope you will use our practice complaints procedure in the first instance. We believe this gives the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong, and gives us the best opportunity of improving the practice. If you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us, or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation, you have the right to ask the Healthcare Commission to review your case. The Healthcare Commission is an independent body established to promote improvements in healthcare through the assessment of performance of those who provide services. You can contact them on 0845 601 3012 or write to them at: Freepost NAT 18958, Healthcare Commission Complaints Team, Oxford St, Manchester M1 9XZ.

Other NHS resources are:

The Patients Advice and Liaison service ( PALS ) which is based at the local Hospital Queens in Romford.

The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) (01869 325535).

A leaflet about the National Health Service Executive Ombudsman can be obtained by telephoning the Health Literature Line on 0800 555777. Leaflets are available in a variety of languages.

Helpline (0) 208 594 2988/(0) 208 594 1061
Home   |   About Us   |   Contact Us    |    Feedback    |    Sitemap    |    Useful Links    |    FAQ
Copyright © 2007. King Edwards Medical Group. Powered by Sysfore