Register with practice
New patients registering should bring passport and utilities bill to the practice. New registrations are dealt eith on A Friday afternoon. You will be expected to see a nurse for health check.
How do I…
Change my personal details
If you change your name, address or telephone number, please let our receptionist know.
If you move outside the practice area it will be necessary for you to find a new doctor in your area.
The Health Authority will help you if you experience any difficulty in finding a new doctor.
The purpose-built surgery is situated in King Edwards Road, Barking.
There is access for disabled patients and also facilities for ambulance attendance.
Freedom of information – publication scheme
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 obliges the practice to produce a Publication Scheme. A Publication Scheme is a guide to the ‘classes’ of information the practice intends to routinely make available.
This scheme is available from reception.
We support the NHS policy on zero tolerance. Anyone who abuses the GPs, staff or other patients be it verbally, physically or in any threatening manner whatever, will risk removal from the practice list.
Where can I get blood tests?
• Upney Lane (Barking Hospital)
• King George Hospital- Goodmayes
• Fanshawe Centre- Dagenham
• Queens Hospital- Romford
Where can I get X-rays and ultrasound scans?
• X-rays: ( you have to book)
• King George Hospital- Goodmayes
• Upney Lane- Barking Hospital
• Fanshawe centre- Dagenham
Are you traveling?
• Are you going abroad?
• Have you checked whether you need vaccines?
• Do you have an EHIC card?
• If not see our nurses!! at least six weeks in advance!!!
• By law patients are entitled to self certificate for seven days.
• The doctor cannot backdate certificates.
• Should you need an extension- you should book an appointment to see the doctor before it runs out.
Patient participation group
• We are looking for a small group of patients who would like to join our committee.
• Have your say in your healthcare, join our group.
• We meet every three months to discuss issues at the surgery.
Contact the receptionists if you would like to join.
Patient cannot order more than 2 months at a time. This is according to local policy.
Special exceptions can be made for patient in this category, please contact the surgery.
The doctors will do home visits only in genuine serious emergencies. The doctor will normally discuss the home visit, so that the doctor can understand the nature of the emergency they have to deal with. If you cannot wait and feel you are unwell please go to the hospital.
Patients may qualify for transport for their appointments in the hospital, please contact the surgery if this is needed.
Choose & book
• Any referral is made via the choose and book system( by computer).
• The doctor will give you a choice of hospital and / or clinic.
• You will be able to see the waiting times for the appointment.
• You will be given a telephone number and password to book the appointment according to your convenience.
NHS 111: dial 111(Free from any phone)
Extra gp appointments via gp federation (hub)
Please ask reception team for number to book for these appointments ( mon- Friday 6.30-10 pm) and weekend slots available.
Queens Hospital: 0845 1304204
King Georges Hospital: 0845 130 4204
Upney Lane Centre( Barking Hospital) : 08451304204
Fanshaw centre (Dagenham):0208596 9504
Sydenham Centre: 02089246250
Iapt : 03005551018
Mental health direct : 03005551000
King George Hospital : 02089708307
Queens Hospital- Xray : 01708 435369
Ultrasound : 01708 435451
Fanshawe Centre: Xray 02085926274
Kalsi Pharmacy: 0208594 6188
Mayor Chemists : 0208 594 6646
Boots Barking : 02085942472
Superdrug (Barking) : 0208594 6628
Boots ( Dagenham Heathway) : 0208592 1001
Thomas's Pharmacy: 0208 594 2148
Newlands Pharmacy (Ripple Road): 0208 594 1470
Britannia Pharmacy (Thames view Estate): 0208 594 3369